Friday, November 27, 2015

A.C. Cassidy's Letter to Mother Marie

Al's youngest son Albert followed in his footsteps by sending this letter to his mother Marie in 1944:




Envelope: From: Albert C. Cassidy ?
Navy #414

c/o Fleet ?
New York, N.Y.


TO: Mrs. A.M. Cassidy
104-2nd St. NW

North St. Paul #9
Minnesota


May 7, 144
Time 1:00 P.M.

My Dearest Mom,

I guess I should be ashamed of myself, but I did forget Mother's Day, until the priest announced at church this morning that next Sunday is Mother's Day. They don't have such a thing over here.

I am going to try my darndest to go to communion for you next Sunday.

I could write lots of mushy stuff, but you know all that. All I want to do is give you all my love, to the best Mom in all the world.

Your loving Son,
Al

Albert Casper Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment