Friday, November 27, 2015

Letter to Marie from New Jersey - September 11, 1918




Camp Dix N.J.
September 11, 1918

Dearest Sweetheart

Did not receive a letter from you today and I suppose I won't hear no more from you until I get across except I hear tomorrow, this will be your last as I will be kept so busy I won't get more chance to write.

May was over today, her and Fred came and brought my suit and they stayed for dinner, they left about a half hour ago, they certainly have been good to me and treated me fair.

Honey dear I haven't any news that I am permitted to tell you.

I sure do love you and want you, the sooner we get over there the sooner we get back.

I will write to you often and let you know how I am.

I sure feel awfully honored to picked and Col. McGee gave me another honor today he made me Quartermaster for the trip. I sure hope I make good. I certainly will try for my babies sake.

Be a good Mama and keep a stiff uppoer lif and I shall come back to you safe and sound.

Give the babies my best love and tell them daddy was asking for them, love to all.

From your loving daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment