Monday, November 23, 2015

Letters to Marie - July 18, 1919




General Headquarters
American Expeditionary Forces
Paris, France
July 18, 1919

My Own Darling Baby

Another day is over and I am sitting on the third floor of a hotel and I just finished putting up your picture and surrounding it. I have four pictures of General Pershing, three or four Colonels, a few Majors and Captain John J. Cassidy, so you see what wonderful company you are in, but never mind dearest as I sit here and think of you I just wonder if you are thinking of me, if I will make up to you what you have lost in the last three years and I won’t run away from you never, never again.

Last night Jack and Paddy and I went to the movies, we saw an American play. I forgot what it was called but it made me home sick, also saw the parade in Paris on the Fourth of July and the parade of the Fourteenth, they were wonderful and I never saw such fine looking soldiers as the Americans.

Baby dear please fly to me tonight, I am so lonesome and I want you so much, I see so many little women over here who look so much like you and it makes me long for you and want you so bad. 
(Marie was of French descent...no wonder there were women who resembled her)
Well dearest it is eleven o’clock and I am so tired and I want to go to bed.

I’ll write again tomorrow if I get a chance.

Best love to Babes also regards to everyone. Millions and millions of kisses and bushels of love to my Darling Wife from her daddy.


Captain AM Cassidy
APO 702 Paris France

No comments:

Post a Comment