Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Letters to Marie - June 3, 1919 (Al becomes Captain)






France
June 3, 1919

My Own Darling Sweetheart

Received your most wonderful letters of May 16th and May 18th and I honey dear I do love you so much, my world is so full of love for you and my babies. I work so hard for to do good by you and my babies, and no one can ever take your place, and I sure will show you when I get back. I shall make up to you for the last three years.

Dearest I cabled one hundred and fifty ($150) to you this morning. You will probably have it by the time you get this letter if we are here in July and we get paid I shall probably send you your money before we leave, but if we leave in the early part, I shall wait until we get back home, and you will get it quicker.

Honey dear how does this address look to you
Captain Albert M. Cassidy
Adjutant General U.S.A.

Well dearest I was promoted this morning, about an hour ago. Are you satisfied? Are you happy? Are you satisfied that your Daddy has made good? Well it is all for you and my babies. I am so proud of my babies and my wife and my sweetheart.

What will your friends say now? Some will be happy, and satisfied, some will be ___________. But you should worry.

Jack sure was happy and he hugged and kissed me right in the office and everyone congratulated me and I sure am an awful happy man this morning, and I shall look in the glass and admire myself.

I sure wish I could give you some of the joyous, happy feeling that I have this morning, you must notice how nervous I am, I really don’t know what to say. But I do love you and will write to you again today after my nerves get settled.

Best regards to Ben and Ann. Also to Papa, Fred and Estelle.

Tell the babies daddy loves them and will soon have them with him.

Millions and millions of kisses and bushels of love.

From your Loving Daddy Al

Captain A.M. Cassidy
Records ??? GHQ
A.P.O. 706 France

No comments:

Post a Comment